To start setting up the Hearthstone Deck Tracker (HDT) for streaming, you must first go to the the options menu for streaming, which can be found under
Options > Advanced Options > Capturable Overlay as shown in the screenshots below.
- Start the Hearthstone Deck Tracker.
Show capturable overlay window. The default value for the
Backgroundcolor is #FF00FF (magenta).
- For the purpose of setting up HDT, make sure to disable
Hide if HS is in backgroundin Overlay > General.
- After you've done the above, start Hearthstone.
- For the purpose of setting up HDT, make sure Hearthstone is in windowed mode (not full-screen).
- Start a new game versus the Innkeeper. You can use this game to setup and test your streaming scene(s).
Instructions for OBS
- Start OBS.
- Add a new
Window Capturesource (e.g. called "HDT Overlay").
[Hearthstone Deck Tracker.exe] HDT - Capturable Overlay. Set
Window Match Priorityto
Window title must match. Enable
- Right click the
HDT Overlaysource you just added and select
- Add a new
- Set the
Key Color Typeto
Magenta(default background color set above),
Key Color Spill Reductionto
1. You may have to adjust these values a bit.
Capture Cursorwithin the settings of your Hearthstone source. Not doing so will cause the cursor to show up beneath the overlay.
- Close the Filter window, adjust the overlay size within the composition view and start streaming!
Instructions for XSplit Broadcaster
- Start XSplit Broadcaster
- Add a new
Screen Capturesource. Select any window.
- Right click the source you just added, set
HDT - Capturable Overlay.
Stick to titleand
Color > Keyingselect
Legacy Modeand with the
Eyedrop Toolselect the magenta of the overlay. The value for the first slider should become around
-142.You can bring up the magenta overlay color by alt-tabbing until the window
HDT - Capturable Overlaybecomes active.
- Adjust the second slider until you get the best result.
- Adjust the overlay size within the composition view and start streaming!
The Hearthstone window contents pass through the overlay source automatically. It should not be necessary to setup a separate source for Hearthstone underneath the overlay.
- Keep in mind that we are not streamers and we've put together these instructions to the best of our knowledge. It is possible that better or easier ways exist. If you know of either (or want to add instructions for other software not covered above), don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- It's possible the Hearthstone game window contains a solid magenta color, caused by the overlay. Clicking within the game window once should remove it.